Lower School Admissions Process
Come Grow With Us
Thank you for considering Oak Knoll. We value your application and plan to review it with great interest and care. Our goal is to get to know your child and family, painting an accurate picture of life at Oak Knoll along the way.
Our admissions process is all about finding the right fit. We accept qualified students who will thrive academically, socially and spiritually in our community. We hope your child becomes one of them.
Admissions Process at a Glance
1. Complete an online application
Click here to access the application.
- Early Application Deadline: November 22, 2019
- Deadline for Regular Applications: February 1, 2020
2. Schedule an assessment
- Grades K – 4: Once you’ve submitted the application form, you’ll be contacted to schedule your child’s testing. Admissions testing takes place November through January.
- Grades 5 – 6: Applicants are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Please visit www.iseetest.org or call 800-446-0320 to schedule your test date. Oak Knoll’s school code is 311430.
3. Visit us
Applicants join us for a day of school. They’re paired with Oak Knoll student buddies in their current grade, who guide them to classes, extracurriculars and lunch. Rising kindergarten applicants attend an Oak Knoll play group.
4. Attend a parent meeting
Meet with the Admissions Office to discuss your child’s application. When possible, your meeting will be scheduled during your child’s visit.
5. Submit recommendation forms
- K: One teacher recommendation form
- Grade 1: One principal recommendation form and one teacher recommendation form
- Grades 2-4: One principal recommendation form, one teacher recommendation form and one release of records form
- Grades 5-6: One principal recommendation form, two teacher recommendation forms and one release of records form
Need Some Help?
Please Get In Touch!
We understand that the admissions process can be daunting, and we want you to know that we’re here to help. If you have any questions regarding the process, your child’s application or Oak Knoll in general, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to speak with you.