Prayer services celebrate special times and seasons throughout the school year -Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter and the end of the school year. Special times of communal celebrations are included to commemorate such events as the anniversary of 9/11, SHCJ Founder’s Day, Cornelia Connelly’s birthday and anniversary of her death.
In addition, there are daily opportunities for students to pray both in and outside of class.
Elementary School prayer experiences include:
Middle School and High School prayer experiences include:
- Student-led prayer begins General Homeroom held twice per cycle in the Upper School.
- Special prayers are planned in response to the needs of the community and world and to celebrate special Holy Child days and feasts.
- Morning Prayer is celebrated in Grace Hall Chapel every Friday during Lent.
- Stations of the Cross during Lent
- Student-planned prayers are led by seventh graders at each General Homeroom during Lent.
- Student-planned Marian Prayers are led by eighth graders at each General Homeroom in May.