Submission Guidelines

Overview

Oak Knoll is excited to offer our community the opportunity to submit their stories for publication on our website and magazine. We believe that your stories and experiences play an important role in shaping our school’s history and culture, and we are eager to share them with our community.

Content Rights

By submitting a story for publication, you grant Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child the right to publish, distribute, and promote your story on our website, social media, magazine, and other marketing materials. You retain the copyright to your story but grant Oak Knoll the right to use your story in perpetuity.

Relevance

Stories submitted for publication should be relevant to the Oak Knoll School community and showcase your experiences and memories. We encourage you to share your unique perspectives, personal achievements, and lessons learned during your time at OKS.

Offensive Content

Oak Knoll does not condone or publish offensive, defamatory, or inflammatory content. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory. If we determine that your story contains offensive content, it will not be published.

Length

Stories should be between 200-800 words in length, but longer submissions will be considered if the content is engaging and well-written.

Spirit

Oak Knoll is proud of its spirit of inclusion, diversity, and community. We encourage you to share your stories in a spirit of positivity and to avoid negative, inflammatory, or offensive content.

Content Review Period

Our team will review all submitted stories before publication. This review process may take up to 2 weeks.

Removal of Posted Content

If you wish to have your story removed from our platform after it has been published, please get in touch with us. Oak Knoll reserves the right to remove any content that violates these Publishing Guidelines or that we determine to be inappropriate for any other reason.

Remote Learning Day
Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Due to the weather forecast and winter storm warning, Oak Knoll School’s campus will be closed on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, and will operate on a virtual learning schedule.

Upper School runs from 8:10 to 12:30. Students should check their email from Mrs. McGroarty for more information.

Lower School students in PreK to grade 2 brought home materials from teachers for optional review and enrichment and may also log in to Clever to access all learning apps. Teachers of students in grades 3-6 will post snow day assignments on the Homework grid on Clever by noon.

All after-school activities have been canceled.