At Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child, we believe that each person is created by God for an intended purpose. An Oak Knoll education guides students to discover that purpose and make a significant, positive impact on the world.
During the 2021-22 school year, Oak Knoll embarked on a strategic planning process to help guide the school to continue to “meet the wants of the age” in our dynamic world. What follows is a strategic plan for Oak Knoll that prioritizes the people, program, and place that are the cornerstones of the school’s mission. This plan — which was developed over the course of a year and made for Oak Knoll by the very people who love and cherish this special institution — will serve as a roadmap to strengthen the vision, mission, and core values of the traditions and heritage by which we live. Through a series of surveys conducted by Triangle Associates and more than 40 in-depth interviews/coffees/virtual and in-person meetings with Head of School Jennifer G. Landis, feedback was received from dedicated, loving and proud parents/guardians, students, faculty and staff, alumnae/i, and the Board of Trustees.
- Oak Knoll will be a leader for transformative Catholic education committed to excellence.
- Our graduates will live lives of purpose, prepared to succeed and flourish with integrity in an ever-changing world.
People with Purpose
We will be an inclusive environment where all members of the Oak Knoll community can celebrate their intended purpose to make a significant, positive impact on the world.
- Attract and retain diverse and dynamic students who want to share in our global perspective and meet the wants of the age
- Attract, empower, invest in, and retain a diverse faculty and staff and provide them with the tools they need to help students meet their unique potential
- Cultivate meaningful relationships among community members, including opportunities to strengthen connections as a PK-12 institution
- Strengthen and build an engaged and active network of alumnae/i, past families, and schools within our global network of Holy Child schools
A Program with Purpose
We will build upon Oak Knoll’s distinguished academic and extracurricular offerings to cultivate the optimal development of our students and the discovery of their God-given talents.
- Deliver a PK-12 academic curriculum that is innovative, bold, interactive, inclusive and creative
- Elevate PK-12 STREAM program offerings while prioritizing service learning as a key component of Oak Knoll’s program, PK-12
- Build wellness, cultural competence, and life skills through academics, arts, athletics and service
- Develop new and compelling opportunities for faculty development to ensure we continuously adopt advanced, student-centered, and transformative methods of teaching and learning
A Place with Purpose
We will upgrade the campus to meet our current and future enrollment and programmatic needs.
- Plan for necessary short- and long-term renovation projects to modernize classrooms and upgrade the physical plant
- Increase accessibility and environmental sustainability across the campus for a safe, beautiful, and secure learning and working environment
- Cultivate a bold and aspirational philosophy of giving that supports the realization of strategic objectives in this plan and the campus master plan through philanthropic initiatives.
Special Thanks to Our Strategic Planning Committee
How Can You Support Oak Knoll’s Strategic Plan?
We want you to be part of our transformative Catholic education. Please reach out to Cynthia Prewitt, Director of Institutional Advancement, to learn more about supporting the initiatives in this plan. A gift today supports tomorrow’s Students with Purpose.