Explore Oak Knoll’s PreK-6 Program, a Private Catholic School in Summit, NJ
ak Knoll’s mission since its founding in 1924 has been to cultivate intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development in all of our students. Students, along with their families, experience academic programs that encourage excellence in each student, a strong faith commitment, respect and reverence for each person, freedom of expression through the creative arts, a competitive athletic program, and active involvement in campus ministry opportunities that expands their understanding for the global world in which they live.
Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child is a Catholic independent school, coeducational from pre-K to grade 6, and all girls in grades 7 to 12.
At a Glance
Coed Elementary School (Grades PreK-6)
- 173 students
- Student/faculty ratio is 7:1
- Average class size in pre-K and kindergarten is 12; for grades 1 through 6 the average class size is 18
- Beautiful 11-acre campus in Summit, New Jersey
- State-of-the-art athletic fields are located on 14 acres in Chatham, New Jersey
- Wireless campus
- 1:1 technology program
- All elementary school classrooms have interactive touchscreens.
- A state-of-the-art I.D.E.A.S. Lab (makerspace) allows students in pre-K through sixth grade to focus on innovation, design, engineering, art and science in the Lower school. Oak Knoll’s robust technology curriculum boasts a Genius Hour, enhanced coding, 3D printing, Wonder Workshop K-12, and virtual and augmented reality.
100 percent of our students participate in community service and outreach projects through Campus Ministry.
Students and faculty serve at numerous agencies in the area during schoolwide service days and support many outreach projects on an ongoing basis.
Lower School Student Impact:
- 5 Countries Served
- 555 Meals Made
- 500 Clothing Items Donated
The fine and performing arts provide a broad array of creative experiences aimed at cultivating the whole aesthetic of each student. Lower School students are introduced to:
- Visual Arts
- Fine Arts
- Choral Music
- Instrumental Music
Annual performances include our Arts & Music Festivals, Concerts, Shakespeare on the Patio and more.
Our Mother Mary Campion Center for the Performing Arts holds approximately 500 people and houses musicals, concerts, plays, assemblies, and campuswide prayer services.
The Bonaventura Hall Library (preK-6) houses more than 11,000 books, circulates more than 650 multimedia materials to support curriculum, and offers a variety of print and electronic resources and a 32-Point Touchscreen teaching center.
The Lower School sports program is viewed as an introduction to skill development, team concepts and sportsmanship. Current opportunities include:
- Grades 5/6 Interscholastic Boys’ Soccer
- Grades 5/6 Interscholastic Girls’ Field Hockey
- Grade 6 Interscholastic Girls’ Cross Country
- Grades 5/6 Intramural Basketball
- Grades 5/6 Interscholastic Boys’ Baseball
- Grades 5/6 Interscholastic Girls’ Lacrosse
Our families come from more than 68 surrounding towns and reflect a broad diversity of socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. We offer several transportation options to travel to Oak Knoll.