Watch Your “Little Acorn” Thrive in Oak Knoll’s Pre-K Program
A love of learning begins in Oak Knoll’s Little Acorns program, a co-educational pre-kindergarten that inspires our youngest students to approach each new challenge with a joyful spirit and sparks critical thinking through purposeful play.
Here, days are filled with creative exploration, self-discovery, faith, and friendship within an enriched curriculum that balances literacy, math, culture studies, science, and religion. Is your Little Acorn ready to grow and play with us?
What makes Little Acorns different?
- Self-Directed Learning: Hands-on exploration, special discovery centers, and creation stations engage and inspire students’ natural sense of inquiry.
- Guided Instruction with Differentiation: Teachers celebrate and encourage individual student interests, acting as their guides to help shape exploration and propel learning.
- Self-Discovery & Exploration: Students begin to test ideas and create solutions through cross-curricular drama, music, world language, creative movement, technology, STEM, and library classes.
- Faith-Based Learning: Students learn the traditions of the Roman Catholic faith and the principles of kindness and service.
- Social-Emotional Learning: Infused in all components of the curriculum, social-emotional learning helps students embrace diversity, perseverance, grit, self-control, and empathy.
Program Quick Facts
Little Acorns Curriculum
At Oak Knoll, we believe each child is a unique and intrinsically motivated learner – and our Pre-K curriculum is designed with this awareness.
Partner and group learning activities expand student ideas beyond their own, and the Think-Pair-Share technique increases child engagement and positive social interactions. Pre-K students experience guided as well as self-directed learning in all curriculum areas.
Is Your Child Ready for Preschool?
Download our free Pre-K Readiness Checklist to help determine if it may be time to enroll your child in a preschool program.