Welcome to the Upper School
Our All-Girls Middle and High School Admissions Process
Come Grow With Us
Thank you for considering Oak Knoll. We value your application and plan to review it with great interest and care. Our process is competitive, personal, and all about finding the right fit. We seek qualified young women who will enrich and be enriched by Oak Knoll. We hope that you’re one of them.
We routinely accept applications from students entering grades 7 and 9. Enrollment opportunities for grades 8 and 10 depend on spaces available. Please contact the Upper School Admissions Office to discuss openings.
Admissions Process At a Glance
Oak Knoll invites you to join our Virtual Open House and Information Session offerings this fall. The dates and times are available on our website and we will be adding live events and on-demand segments regularly. The on-demand sessions will allow you and your family to view from the comfort of your home!
The 2021-22 application is now live! We accept either the Oak Knoll application or the Standard Application Online (SAO). Our application fee is $50, payable online with the submission of your application. Once you’ve submitted the application, you will have access to your application portal and the checklist of required materials.
All application materials must be submitted by our deadline, so please plan accordingly!
- December 4, 2020: Early application deadline – Our early application process is for students applying to Catholic schools or a local public school and to OKS, where OKS is your first choice.
- January 27, 2021: Regular application deadline – Regular application deadline for students applying to a broader range of schools.
Applications received after these dates will be considered on a rolling basis, should openings still be available.
We are aware that there have been some technical difficulties with some of the at-home testing options. For those applying early, the deadline for taking the ISEE or SSAT is December 6. Scores received from the December 6 testing date and earlier will be considered for the early round.
Applicants are required to take either the ERB Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). You may register online at www.iseetest.org using the school code 311430 or at www.ssat.org using the school code 5500. These tests are both being administered virtually and can be arranged at the time and date you choose. Additional details are available on the testing websites. Please note that OKS will not be a testing site this application season. Scores must be sent to Oak Knoll directly from the testing organization and received by the application deadline.
- In order to get to know you better, please sign up for a time to talk to admissions either over Zoom, Google Meet, or phone call. You will be able to select and register for a date and time through the application portal.
- Details about visiting virtual classes will be available soon, but in the meantime, be sure to check out our on-demand library. We encourage you to explore our website offerings before we talk!
- The Admission Office will be offering virtual office hours for parents/guardians who have questions. Please note that these are optional and not an application requirement.
Oak Knoll requires a recommendation from the applicant’s current English and math teachers. You will email these to the teachers directly through our application portal. Recommendations should NOT be submitted before November 1 (so your teachers can get to know you a bit!) This year we are offering the option of a Former Teacher Recommendation and a Personal Recommendation in the event there is a former teacher or advisor who knows you well as a learner and/or community member. All recommendations are due by the application deadline.
In the application portal, you will find the electronic Release of Records Form. Please email the form directly through our application portal. Your school will be prompted to upload your academic records to our portal through your request email. We do not accept mailed transcripts.