Oak Knoll families travel from more than 65 northern New Jersey surrounding communities. Some of these communities include, but are not limited to: Summit, Chatham, Madison, Hoboken, Ridgewood, Montville, Warren, Scotch Plains, Westfield and many more! We offer a variety of ways to get to and from our Summit, NJ, campus each day. Many of our families choose to drive their children or form carpools with other local families. A number of our students utilize public transportation which includes town busing and New Jersey Transit trains into the Summit station. Oak Knoll offers shuttle bus service to and from our campus to the Summit train station. In addition, we offer private busing to Bergen county.
If you have any questions regarding transportation options for Oak Knoll, please contact Cheryl Wilkinson at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-522-8186. Our goal is to make the transition to and from Oak Knoll as convenient as possible for our families.
Several towns provide school district bus transportation to Oak Knoll including:
- Chatham Borough and Township
- Convent Station
- Florham Park
- Harding Township/New Vernon
- Morris Township
Don’t see your town listed above? Contact your local board of education to see if you are eligible. Families must register by filling out a current year B6T form and submitting it to OKS in order to receive a bus pass from your town if they provide transportation.
Many school districts that do not provide their own transportation to Oak Knoll offer aid in lieu of transportation. Contact your local school board of education office to see if you are eligible. Depending upon your distance to Oak Knoll, families may receive up to $1,000 paid directly from your town whether or not you utilize our Oak Knoll private bus, public transportation or drive to school.
Many Oak Knoll students travel to Summit via NJ Transit commuter trains or buses. The Summit Train Station services the Peapack/Gladstone, Hoboken, Dover and Morristown lines. Please see below for the towns we reach, as well as approximate train-travel time:
Morristown Line (West to East – Summit)
- Mount Arlington – (47 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Dover – (39 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Denville – (32 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Mount Tabor – (30 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Morris Plains – (24 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Morristown (Handicap Accessible) – (19 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Convent Station – (15 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Madison (Handicap Accessible) – (11 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Chatham – (8 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
Morristown Line/Gladstone Line (East to West – Summit)
- Hoboken – (51 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- E. Orange – (34 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Brick Church (East Orange) – (24 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Orange (West Orange) – (21 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Highland Ave (Orange) – (18 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Mountain Station (South Orange) – (17 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- South Orange – (16 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Maplewood – (13 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Millburn – (10 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Short Hills – (6 Minute Train – Morris & Essex Line)
- Or 10 minute bus ride from Short Hills Mall (70 Bus)
Gladstone Line (West to East -Summit)
- Gladstone – (49 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Peapack – (45 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Far Hills – (40 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Bernardsville – (34 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Basking Ridge – (31 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Lyons – (38-42 Minutes – Gladstone Branch
- 78 Bus is an alternative Route (37 Minutes)
- Millington – (27 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Stirling – (33 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Gillette – (23 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Berkeley Heights – (14 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
- Murray Hill/New Providence – (9 Minutes – Gladstone Branch)
Private Transportation to Oak Knoll
Oak Knoll offers private bus transportation routes in various parts of Bergen County. All bus routes charge an additional annual fee and use a centralized pick-up and drop-off location. Our chartered buses run in the mornings as well as afternoons. These locations and times are subject to change each year depending on the demand for these services. You may register for the Bergen bus one-way (either AM or PM only) or round-trip.
At this time, our private buses are reaching towns such as Montville, Midland Park, and Franklin Lakes.
Oak Knoll Train Station Shuttle Bus
Students who travel to Summit via NJ Transit commuter trains or buses are provided with morning and/or afternoon shuttle bus service at a reasonable cost through Oak Knoll. The shuttles run frequently going back and forth from the train station to campus in the mornings at 7:15 am, 7:35 am, 7:45 am, and 8:05 am and anytime needed additionally. In the afternoon, the shuttle leaves campus starting at 3:10 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., and 5:45 p.m. The shuttle also goes to our off-premise athletic fields to pick up student-athletes prior to the last shuttle leaving campus for the train station.
Annual cost: $700 for the morning or afternoon shuttle (one-way) or $1,000 for round-trip shuttle service
One form per student must be completed and submitted to register for this service annually.
Please contact Cheryl.email@example.com for shuttle bus service information and registration.